Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Xmas issue of the Aust. Women's Weekly.
- 400 g chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- olive oil, extra, to drizzle
- Process chickpeas, pine nuts, garlic and spices until well combined.
- With the motor running, gradually add the olive oil & lemon juice until smooth.
- Season well with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil to serve.
This will be consumed by the time I finish writing th... Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
The flavors come together so beautifully to make this the best hummus ever. Made to use both as a veggie sandwich spread for The Greatful Bread Sandwich and also a veggie dip for snacking and must say it was delicious both ways. Made as written and would not change a thing. This is a keeper, can't wait till the next get-together so I can make it again. Thanks for the post
This is awesome!! I made this along with Fresh Mexican Tomato Salsa - Pico De Gallo and Holy Guacamole! an Authentic Mexican Snack. by CHILI SPICE for a gathering I had this evening.. What rave reviews I got, all were enjoyed immensely. I had several people who absolutley love hummus and thought this take on it was totally delcious and could not get enough. This is a real winner mandy and a definite keeper. I did add a little ground coriander to it along with the cumin but apart from that made as is. Totally awesome, moreish just plain yum. Cheers for a great recipe :)