Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a great side for chicken or beef, I loved with a baked steak and roasted potatoes. Points 2.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb butternut squash, peeled,thinly sliced
- Bring broth, honey, butter, lemon juice, and seasonings to a simmer in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add squash and toss to coat with sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until squash is cooked and sauce is reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes.
Yumm. The flavours were actually a lot more delicate than I thought it'd be, but I really enjoyed it like that because it really enhanced the flavours of the butternut squash. I cooked the squash in the microwave first to soften it up (covering it with microwaveable plastic wrap); that way it was easier to peel and slice and the whole cooking process at the end was quicker. Everyone enjoyed it. Thank you!