Braised Butternut Squash With Tofu and Green Onions
photo by RuPei
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 package of 14 oz. extra firm tofu, cut into rectangles (about 1.5 in x 1 in)
- 1⁄8 cup ginger, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, cut into cubes (about 1.5 in x 1.5 in)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white pepper powder
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- In a bowl, combine water, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over a little medium. Pan-fry tofu both sides until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Return to skillet. Use remaining oil to stir-fry ginger until light brown at medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium, stir in butternut squash, white pepper powder, tofu and sauce mixture. Combine well and bring to boil. Cover and simmer until squash turns tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover. Add a little more water if necessary. Stir in green onions.
- Serve hot!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to teach people how to cook authentic Chinese food since most Chinese food I've tried here in the US has lost its original taste. Therefore, the recipes I post here have not been adjusted at all. They are just how you would taste in my homeland. Hope you enjoy!<img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /></p>