Recipe by Ben's Mom
This recipe is from Taste of Home. It is a very light tasting marinade and very quick to prepare.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
YUM!!! I made this and used salmon (and because of the down-pour of rain today, I oven broiled instead of grilled, and it worked out well. But I look forward to repeating this dish as the weather improves in the next few weeks, and we will grill the salmon as was originally intended). I really wish I could assign more stars, because this recipe is definitely better than 5 stars! It was super delicious, and I will definitely make this again. I can imagine it would be just as delicious with chicken, too. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Ben's Mom. Made for the 2012 My-3-Chefs event.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the salmon or chicken in a container that can be sealed.
- Mix together well.
- Add the salmom or chicken and marinate at least 1 hour, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill for 15-20 minutes.
- You may also broil salmon or chicken for 20-30 minutes.