Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Salmon with lemon-dill marinade.
Top Review by Beth A.
This is one of THE best recipes I've had from Taste of Home magazine! I use the broiler when I fix it: NOTE: Salmon can be broiled instead of grilled. Place the fillet on a greased broiler pan. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. It is most defintely a keeper!
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 salmon fillet (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 slices onions, separated into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle dill, lemon pepper, salt, and garlic powder over salmon; place in shallow glass dish.
- Combine the brown sugar, broth, oil, soy sauce, and green onions; pour over the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once after 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill over medium heat.
- Arrange lemon and onion slices over top of fish. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easy with a fork.