Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious spicy lemon grass pork
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin
- 2 lemongrass, stalks finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 black peppercorns, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon soft light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ground black pepper
- fresh coriander, coarsely torn
- Mix lemon grass, spring onions, salt and crushed peppercorns together and put into freezer bag.
- Trim fat from pork. Cut meat into thin strips. Add to freezer bag with seasoning. Put in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minute.
- Preheat oil in a wok. Add the pork mixture and stir fry for 3 min or until brown.
- Add the garlic and red chillies and stir fry for another 5-8 min or until cooked all the way through.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce and peanuts and mix well. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of rice noodles or egg noodles.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.