Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Terrific way to roast pork.
Make and share this Lemon-Glazed Roast Pork with Sage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork loin roast, boned and bones reserved
- 8 sage leaves, plus
- 2 sprigs sage
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil, plus more for rubbing
- fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 4 lemons, peel of removed in long wide strips,plus
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Using a paring knife, make 8 incisions all over the pork roast.
- Roll up the sage leaves and press each one into an incision.
- Rub the roast all over with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Allow to marinate at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the lemon zest, juice and sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 20 minutes).
- Strain the syrup and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the pork bones, season with s&p and brown over low heat for 10 minutes; discard the fat.
- Add 2 cups of the stock and simmer until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cups fo stock and simmer until reduced to 1 cup (about 30 minutes more).
- Add the sage sprigs and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes more).
- Strain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the remaining tbl of oil in an ovenproof skillet.
- add the pork, fat side down, and brown over moderate heat for about 10 minutes; discard teh fat.
- Turn the pork fat side up and roast for about 30 minutes in the oven, basting twice with the lemon syrup.
- Roast for another 15 minutes, basting with the pan juices, until the instant-read thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Reheat the sauce and season with s&p.
- Carve the roast and serve with the pan sauce.