Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake recipe produces a very moist cake packed with a bursting flavor of lemon.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about juice of 2 lemons)
- 1⁄3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan, set aside, In a medium bowl whisk flour, zest, ginger baking soda and salt.
- Using electric mixer beat butter and sugar until fluffy about 4-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Mix lemon juice with mixer on low speed. Alternate the addition of the flour mixture and sour cream in 3 parts, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, smooth top and tap pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (if cake browns to quickly, tent loosely with aluminum foil). Let cake cool 30 minutes, and then turn out onto cooling rack. Dust cake with confectionery sugar.