Recipe by Courtly
"Your family will love the familiar lemon bar baked in the shape of a tassie" Sounds WONDERFUL! I can't WAIT to try this recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 24 miniature muffin cups, 1 3/4 x 1 inch with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, beat butter and 3 Tbsp sugar with mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Beat in 1 cup flour until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls. Press 1 ball in bottom and up side of each muffin cup for crust.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in same bowl, beat remaining ingredients except powdered sugar on medium speed until well mixed.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon mixture evenly into each baked crust.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until filling is light golden brown. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over tops of cookies. Store covered in refrigerator. Sift additional powdered sugar over cookies just before serving if desired.