Recipe by stephanierndos
I originally found this recipe on Colavita Olive Oil site, but- have adapted it to my families taste. This is very easy, quick and delicious - you will love it if you are a fan of shrimp scampi.
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons real butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- fresh coarse ground black pepper or lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 fresh lemon
- lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in salted water; remove from heat just before pasta reaches al dente.
- Heat skillet on medium; add olive oil & garlic, When heated thru add shrimp and butter - cook for 2 minutes and add lemon zest. Gently toss shrimp with garlic until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; return to pan.
- Add shrimp, garlic, butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, sesame seed, salt and pepper (or lemon pepper seasoning, if you prefer) - to taste.
- Toss well with fresh squeezed lemon juice and serve immediately with salad and Italian bread.