Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick meal that can be served alone as a main dish, or with chicken as a side dish
Make and share this Lemon Garlic Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (I use the garlic in the jar)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground is best)
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- In large skillet, cook garlic in olive oil until golden.
- Add lemon juice, bouillon and pepper.
- Cook and stir until bouillon dissolves.
- In large bowl, toss pasta, garlic mixture, cheese and parsley; serve immediately.
This recipe is truly excellent. The first time I made this recipe, I followed a previous reviewers advice and added a cup of dry white wine. I thought the dish was mediocre at best. I don't know what made me try it a second time but I did and followed the recipe to a "T" (other than tripling the garlic) and it was superb. I used this as a side dish to shrimp on the grill and it was the perfect accompaniment. I also think it would be great paired with grilled chicken. This recipe as a main meal would probably be a 4 star recipe (and I'd probably add chicken or shrimp to it) but as a side dish...it's a definite 5 star recipe and is a wonderful change to our menu from rice side dishes and buttered noodle side dishes. Even my 2 and 4 year old loved this...which is saying a lot. I had the leftovers for lunch and it was still really great reheated in the microwave. If you follow others' reviews the first time and add the wine and think this is only "fine"...try this again and follow it the way it was written. I love wine and I love wine in recipes...but it truly detracted from this recipe. Excellent. Thanks for sharing!
Love this recipe...I double it and add a can of cream of chicken soup to it to give it a creamier texture and add some broccoli! I play with the ingredients some to give it more a lemon taste. I also add chicken strips to the recipe and cook it with the sauce. My family is a meat eating family. I love way the broccoli soaks up the flavor. This is a family favorite.
Amazing. I will never make a marinara sauce again. My family loved this so much. I served it with Blackened Shrimp and veggies. Thank you so much.