Recipe by Mommy Diva
A great basic recipe for a fast side dish - who doesn't like to dress up their veggies? I use regular olive oil as I haven't found the "O Olive Oil" called for in the recipe yet - but posted it as written. Also like to sprinkle with a little (light) bit of freshly shredded/grated Parmesan cheese for a nice twist. Another nice, quick and easy recipe from Sandra Lee on the Food Network - work night meals woohoo!! Check out the other recipes from this episode that compliment this well:Lemon-Herb Butter-Basted Chicken, Lemon Chicken Soup, Lemon Pudding Brulee with Blueberries, and a nice Lemon Cream Martini. YUMMY!! ;)
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon olive oil (Suggested brand- O Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- three-cheese blend, for garnish (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add broccoli florets, lemon zest, minced garlic, lemon olive oil, and 1 tablespoon water to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir to coat completely.
- Cover bowl with plastic and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Check for tenderness; cook 1 more minute if needed.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over broccoli and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper (add a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese (three cheese blend is my preference) if desired).
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy! ;).