1/8 Photos of Lemon Garlic Broccoli
Mommy Diva's Note:
A great basic recipe for a fast side dish - who doesn't like to dress up their veggies? I use regular olive oil as I haven't found the "O Olive Oil" called for in the recipe yet - but posted it as written. Also like to sprinkle with a little (light) bit of freshly shredded/grated Parmesan cheese for a nice twist. Another nice, quick and easy recipe from Sandra Lee on the Food Network - work night meals woohoo!! Check out the other recipes from this episode that compliment this well:Lemon-Herb Butter-Basted Chicken, Lemon Chicken Soup, Lemon Pudding Brulee with Blueberries, and a nice Lemon Cream Martini. YUMMY!! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add broccoli florets, lemon zest, minced garlic, lemon olive oil, and 1 tablespoon water to a microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Stir to coat completely.
- 3Cover bowl with plastic and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Check for tenderness; cook 1 more minute if needed.
- 5Sprinkle lemon juice over broccoli and toss to coat.
- 6Season to taste with salt and black pepper (add a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese (three cheese blend is my preference) if desired).
- 7Serve immediately.
- 8Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Garlic Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon olive oil