Microwave Lemon Garlic Broccoli
Fast fix up makes broccoli not the same old same old! My teens love this and will only eat broccoli like this or smothered in cheese- this is healthier! I created this recipe after the broccoli served at my fave Chinese place. The variety of ingredients apply to many regional cuisines such as Italian, Asian and SW.
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets or 2 heads fresh broccoli, cleaned and cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to your liking
- Microwave broccoli and water in covered bowl on high for 6 minutes or til crisp tender.
- While it is cooking mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Drain cooked broccoli.
- Pour lemon garlic mixture over broccoli and mix to coat.
- If using fresh garlic cover the dish and let sit for about 2 minutes to allow heat from broccoli to "cook" and remove the raw taste from the garlic.
- If using garlic powder you are ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I have been using your recipe constantly since I found it on March 29, 2009. It is one of the most versatile recipes in my huge collection and goes with so many entrees. I've served it as a hot side and cold as a salad that keeps well in the refrigerator. I've added a few drops of toasted sesame oil to flesh out Asian menus and sliced olives, pepperoncini, and a little oregano to go Italian. One can add meats and seafood, allowing them to marinate for several hours or overnight to meld the flavors. Thank you for rescuing so many menus for at least 12 years......and counting. I'm making it again, as I type.