Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sweet treat of a bread for you to make in your bread machine.
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely crushed lemon drop candy
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the crushed lemon drops.
- Add the remaining lemon drops and next 9 ingredients to a 1-1/2- or 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions, adding the lemon drops with the flour.
- Select the basic white bread cycle and desired color setting.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Stir in enough milk (1 to 2 teaspoons) to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf and sprinkle with the reserved lemon drops if you choose.