Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love good tuna salad, so cool and refreshing in the summer. And tuna melts are good all year round! This is a quick and easy recipe, but it's my favorite.
- 1 (12 ounce) cansolid albacore tuna, drained WELL
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, concentrate ok
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely chopped, optional but add it if you can
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed, a little more if desired
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 dash fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 5 slices toast
- 5 slices tomatoes
- 5 slices American cheese, can sub swiss if preferred
- In small bowl, combine well the first 8 ingredients. Set aside.
- Toast bread.
- Top with tuna.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in 400ºF oven until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Makes great regular sandwiches on bread, croissants or bagels; or stuffed summer tomatoes, too!
This was a nice recipe. We loved the lemon and dill. Thanks for posting.
LOVED IT! Five stars for this recipe. I am dieting so I used reduced fat Hellmans and fat free yogurt to way reduce the fat content. It was delicious, thanks Kelly!
This was good. I made this for me and my younger sister. I did change a few things. I used a light mayo and omitted the celery. My sister doesn't like celery that much.