Recipe by Sueski
From Taste of Home magazine April 2007. Could make a great dinner for two if you make half the recipe and use a regular pie plate instead of the deep dish plate.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and remaining butter until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350*; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown and center is set. Remove from oven.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine carrots, broccoli, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken, soup, red pepper, lemon juice and dill. Cover and mircowave on high for 3-4 minutes or until red pepper is tender, stirring once. Stir in cheese and half of the vegetable mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture into center of popover. Surround with remaining vegetable mixture. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.