Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is out of my Low Fat, Low Cholesterol American Heart Cookbook.
- 15 ounces black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 11 ounces no-salt-added corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced celery (1-2 stalks)
- 1 teaspoon fine shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over black eyed pea mixture.
- Stir till well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-24 hours