Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I received this cookie in a cookie swap this year. These were my favorites of the bunch! I haven't tried these yet, but I think that I will refrigerate the dough and make them into balls. Just to get a more "perfect" looking cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg, lemon zest, juice, vanilla and beat again.
- In Separate bowl, Sift together Baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in two batches, until just blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute then move to a cooling rack.