Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The tangy flavor of the ring mold contrasts deliciously with the fruit. This recipe came from a Jr. League of Phoenix cookbook. I've used this as a salad, or summery luncheon dish or dessert; it's very versatile. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin (4-serving size)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- fresh berries or melon balls or grapes, as desired
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Blend gelatin, sugar, and salt in a bowl; add boiling water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in lemonade concentrate. Chill until partially thickened.
- Fold in the whipping cream which has been whipped. (Two cups Kool-Whip may be substituted.) Pour into a 4-cup ring mold.
- Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- When set,, unmold onto platter and fill center with fresh fruit.
- Garnish with mint leaves.