Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great and tasty treat
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine pastry ingredients until well blended.
- Divide into 3 balls.
- Cover and place in refrigerator while making filling.
- To make filling:.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind.
- Roll one ball on lightly floured board into a 9 inch circle.
- Spread with 1/3 of filling.
- Cut into 8 triangular wedges.
- Roll up each wedge from the wide end towards centre and curl slightly into crescents.
- Repeat with the other balls.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Crescents can be assembled to this point, and refrigerated overnight, or frozen.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet 25 minutes.
- Best served warm DO NOT MICROWAVE!