Recipe by KT_Z
I made these for my Dad for Father's Day this year. The recipe comes from Allrecipes.com. They're good, but I think mine need a little something extra. The recipe calls for lemon-extract, but I didn't have any, so instead I used the zest of one lemon, plus the juice from half. Still a little lacking in lemon flavour, so I think I'll make a lemon glaze to brush on top before I give them to him! I also omitted the almonds, as I was trying to make them as close to the muffins he buys on the road as I could! Not overly sweet.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Lovely muffin and not too sweet, just the way I like them. I used the rind of one lemon along with the juice and it gave them a nice hint of its flavor. Made for PAC Spring '08 :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen, halved
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- FIll paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.