Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tassie pastry recipe is available at #59854.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Make tassie pastry (#59854) and line mini muffin cups with pastry.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Divide among 24 mini muffin cups or tassie cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Immediately, and very carefully using the tip of a pointed knife, gently knudge out each tassie out of its cup and transfer to a rack to cool.
- If they cool in the pan too long, they are more difficult to remove.
- Your first couple may break (those are the ones I eat on the spot- the rewards of making them!), but you will soon learn just the right'move' to remove them perfectly.
Yum! I made these for Christmas and they are sooooooooooo...good! Thanx for sharing!