Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Using zucchini was always a challenge at hom in PA Dutch country. This delightful dessert pie has a tropical flair! Don't let the ingredient list scare you away. I have served this to people who don't like squash and they never know if you don't tell them. If using zucchini squash, peel the green first for the best disguise.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup squash, grated, NOT cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring (not juice)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 prepared pie crust
- Cool Whip
- NOTE: if using deep-dish crust use 1 1/2 cups squash; if using regular crust use 1 cup squash.
- Whisk together squash, sugar, eggs, flour, lemon and coconut flavorings, and butter.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes. Pie should be set and barely golden brown on top.
- Can be served with Cool-Whip or other favored whipped topping.
I was scared to try this but glad I did. It's an awesome recipe. We ll loved it. Thanks for haing it
I'm not going to rate this recipe at this point because I just wanted to caution: Sometimes the reason people avoid certain foods is because they're allergic to them. I would be hesitant to serve something to someone if I wasn't absolutely certain they weren't allergic (I have severe allergies myself...I can relate!). That said, this pie sounds interesting, and one I would be willing to try. If/when I do so, I'll come back and review it. ;)