Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This comes from a WW pasta cook book. 7 points.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken Pasta (7 Points) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, on the bone
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves but not peeled (yes, whole bulb)
- 4 red onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 10 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 12 ounces pasta
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas Mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
- Mix together the mustard and honey and spread on top of each chicken breast.
- Place the breasts in a deep baking tray with the garlic cloves, onion wedges and rosemary leaves.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the top and place the left over lemon peel in the tray too.
- Pour over the stock and season.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, before removing the foil for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water and drain.
- Remove the lemon peel from the baking tray and discard.
- Remove the chicken breasts.
- Toss the cooked past with the vegetables and juices in the oven tray.
- Serve each portion of pasta topped with a chicken breast, sliced.
This was a good, basic weekday dish - light, refreshing, satisfying and simple to prepare - and we enjoyed it very much. It looked very pretty in the baking dish before we cooked it, and smelt fabulous in the oven. The only problem we had was that the onions were under-cooked, even after an extra ten minutes in the oven. We reviewed this as a regular recipe, not as a "diet" recipe, and we'll make it again. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2007.