Recipe by MA Blossom
From Canadian Living's The Barbecue Collection cookbook, I am saving this here because it is so simple and so tasty. I used a bit more garlic than called for, marinated the chicken for about 6 hours and used sweet green peppers. Delicious! Left-overs are great served hot or cold, on a salad or on their own. Please note: Minimum marinating time is included in prep time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 sweet green peppers or 2 banana peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; toss with chicken until coated. Marinate refrigerated for 15 minutes or up to one day.
- Thread chicken and pepper onto skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until chicken is browned and no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.