Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Canadian Living's The Barbecue Collection cookbook, I am saving this here because it is so simple and so tasty. I used a bit more garlic than called for, marinated the chicken for about 6 hours and used sweet green peppers. Delicious! Left-overs are great served hot or cold, on a salad or on their own. Please note: Minimum marinating time is included in prep time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 sweet green peppers or 2 banana peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; toss with chicken until coated. Marinate refrigerated for 15 minutes or up to one day.
- Thread chicken and pepper onto skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until chicken is browned and no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.
Great flavor and soooo easy to throw together! My family loved it so this will go in the "keeper" file!