Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A delicious lemon flavored chicken, prepared with fresh whole lemons, minced garlic, salt, pepper, dried basil, and dried thyme. The aroma of this chicken while baking in the oven, is undiscribeable. The lemon tasted wonderful, while tenderizing the meat. The garlic, thyme and basil made this chicken taste good. Prep. time includes, cleaning and seasoning the chicken.
Top Review by Chef at my house
The whole family loved this chicken!! Even the kids! It was the best smelling and best tasting chicken I've made yet. When I was preparing the chicken all the men in the house asked what the smell was and they couldn't wait to eat. It was wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
- 5 lbs chicken legs with thigh, cut-up
- 4 lemons, cut in half
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 6 minced garlic cloves, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1 1/2- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil each, among (2)-13x9x2-inch baking pans.
- Place chicken pieces equally among the 2 pans.
- Squeeze lemon halves over the chicken ( 2 lemons per each pan ).
- Season chicken with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Divide the 6 cloves minced garlic, (on chicken) among the 2 pans.
- Sprinkle each pan of chicken with 1 teaspoon of basil, and 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Enjoy!
- Serves 6-8.