Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth or 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- sauted mushroom
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
- Saute 10 minutes or more until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to ovenproof plater.
- Add vermouth,lemon juice and peel to skillet.
- Stir and scrape pan drippings.
- Add broth.
- Blend flour and a little water,stir into broth.
- Stir constantly until slightly thickened.
- Pour over chicken,season and sprinkle generously with cheese.
- Place pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken and brown under broiler.
- Add mushrooms.