Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These dreamy cheesecake bars are delicious and easy! They start with a cake mix and there are just a few other ingredients.
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 2 large eggs
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg and oil until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup and pat remaining mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and 1 egg until light and smooth.
- Spread over baked layer and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Used a lemon cake mix, that was all I had! Added closer to 3 tsp of lemon juice. Wish I had doubled the cream cheese mixture so it would be thicker, but it was great.
Thanks for sharing.
Very easy, didn't measure the lemon juice and probably used a lot more than a teaspoon. I also used 1/3 less fat cream cheese just because that is what I had on hand and about a 1/3 cup sour cream because I had it in the fridge and it sounded good to add in. I'm not rating because of the changes. It was a very good bar, I think I would have liked a less sweet crust but I still think it tasted and looked great!
These were great and simple! I made them with lemon cake mix, as others here suggested, to punch up the lemon flavor. Also used strawberry cream cheese, and I topped the bars, just before serving them, with cut up strawberries that had been coated in a tblspn of sugar and sat for a 1 minute or two. Made a very yummy pink lemonade flavor; all were gone in 2 hours! Thank you for the great recipe - fun and easy to play with. :)