Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yes another one. This is from one of my mom's Amish cookbooks. Topping is optional. Does not include 10 hours refrigeration time.
- 35 vanilla wafers
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, gratedh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint strawberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For crust, combine wafers, almonds and 1/3 cup sugar in food processor; process until fine crumbs are formed. Combine crumb mixture with melted butter in medium bowl. Press mixture evenly on bottom and 1 inch up side of 9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl at high speed of electric mixer 2 - 3 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla; beat just until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Place springform pan on baking sheet. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 10 hours or overnight.
- For topping, hull and slice strawberries. Combine with sugar in medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve over cheesecake.