Recipe by SweetSueAl
I love butter cookies and lemon flavor. This combines the two. From a Challenge European Style Butter Box. Serving size is two cookies
- 1 cup butter, european style preferred
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (chopped or grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in corn syrup and egg. Beat in lemon zest and juice.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed butter mixture and blend well.
- Scoop up dough into rounded 1-inch diameter portions and place 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.