Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Thought I'd make my "cream of something" recipe contribution for those with finer taste buds!
- 3 cans cream of broccoli soup
- 3 cans medium cream or 3 cans half-and-half or 3 cans milk
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- In a large soup pot, add soup and half& half (or cream).
- Mix well, add mushrooms, broccoli, lemon juice, and spices.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Re-season with spices to taste.
- Mix cornstarch in a bowl with water to form a paste, add to soup.
- Add butter to soup, stir well, and serve.