Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Thought I'd make my "cream of something" recipe contribution for those with finer taste buds!
Make and share this Lemon Broccoli Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cans cream of broccoli soup
- 3 cans medium cream or 3 cans half-and-half or 3 cans milk
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- In a large soup pot, add soup and half& half (or cream).
- Mix well, add mushrooms, broccoli, lemon juice, and spices.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Re-season with spices to taste.
- Mix cornstarch in a bowl with water to form a paste, add to soup.
- Add butter to soup, stir well, and serve.