Recipe by lazyme
Not sure where I got this recipe but I've had it for years. We really enjoy this broccoli because there is no heavy sauce and it's so refreshing with the lemon.
Top Review by breezermom
Lovely lemon flavor! I only had 2 heads of broccoli, and adjusted the recipe accordingly. I can't wait to try this with fish......had it with chicken tonight. My son, who usually says "broccoli again?" went back for 2nds and 3rds. Thanks for sharing! Made for your win in Football Pool.
- 3 heads broccoli, florets with 1-inch stems
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place large steamer basket in large stockpot.
- Add enough water to reach just under basket; arrange broccoli on basket.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes over high heat, until broccoli is bright green and a knife pierces the stems easily.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in large serving bowl.
- Add hot broccoli and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.