Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Thoroughly cream together margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs, lemon rind, vanilla and lemon extract.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to lemon mixture.
- Spread batter in well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 deg.
- F for 45 minutes or until done.
- Let loaf cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Glaze bread with mixture of juice from 1 lemon and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
Very nice bread. I've made it and added 1/2 cup of chopped toasted almonds to the batter before baking and also pressed a few almonds on top for decorative purposes. A very refreshing bread to serve with tea as a light dessert.
Good and very close to my moms' lemon bread. Thanks for sharing .
Lovely, easy recipe. Subtle lemon flavour, thanks for sharing!