Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very yummy as a dessert for a sunday brunch
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream together butter, sugar, lemon rind.
- Add eggs and lemon juice.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mix alternately with milk to batter.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Prepare topping and pour over bread.
Wow...we really loved the sweet/tart lemon flavor of this bread. This goes together very quickly and is so full of flavor. To boost the lemon flavor a bit, I added 1/2 tsp. lemon extract to the batter, and 1/4 tsp. to the topping. After the bread had cooled for 5 mins., I poked holes all over the top surface of the loaf and then poured on the topping. The topping soaked down into the bread. Yummy!! Thank you for sharing this quick, easy, and delicious recipe. It is definitely a keeper. *Made for Bargain Basement tag*