Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A handy bread that keeps well. Great as an after-school snack.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, sugar, add eggs and milk.
- Sift and add dry ingredients.
- Add rind.
- Beat well.
- Pour in loaf pan, wel1-greased, and bake at 325° for one hour.
- Mix juice of lemon and 1/4 cup.
- sugar and brush over warm baked bread.
- Let cool in pan.
Came out very dense, but excellent. The glaze on top really made the bread, great recipe!