Recipe by Dib's
This was a dish sent to me by my Aunt, Janet Chute for a family recipe book I made for x-mas. I've added more lemon juice than called for. A great company recipe.
Top Review by BarbaraK
I cannot believe this recipe had not been rated before. It was delicious. The only problem I had was the sauce didn't get very thick. I added a can of drained mushrooms and a little more lemon and brandy (could be why the sauce didn't thicken up)but otherwise followed the directions. I served it over angel hair pasta along with crusty rolls and a salad. The chicken was incredibly tender and tasty. Thanks Di for a great meal!!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons flour or 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons brandy
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, mixed with bouillion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar artichoke heart
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chicken in a small amount of oil.
- Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish, salt and pepper chicken-light on the salt please.
- Combine the flour, butter and 3/4 cup of the water.
- Heat over med-high until it starts to thicken-stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining water, chicken boullion, lemon juice and brandy.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces and place around the chicken.
- Remove sauce from heat and whisk in the sour cream.
- Pour over entire chicken dish and bake at 350* for 35 minutes, covered.