Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
One of the top requested recipes on the website for the month of July 2008. These fluffy muffins will really get you moving in the morning.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (or you can use margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in walnuts and lemon peel.
- In a small bowl beat egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden.