Recipe by senseicheryl
One of the top requested recipes on the website for the month of July 2008. These fluffy muffins will really get you moving in the morning.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (or you can use margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in walnuts and lemon peel.
- In a small bowl beat egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden.