Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup natural unbleached cane sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic frozen blueberries (not thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, oil, and sugar; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg whites and beat again until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to the egg mixture, beating after each addition. Add lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in frozen blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before slicing.