Recipe by Chris from Kansas
A moist lemon cake with blueberry filling, streusal topping and a sweet glaze. Everyone loves this! The recipe is from Pillsbury.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury plus lemon cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 13X9 pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/4 cup margarine and cream cheese at low speed until fine crumbs form.
- Reserve 1 cup crumbs for topping.
- To remaining crumbs, add water and eggs; beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Spoon pie filling over batter; gently spread to cover batter.
- Combine reserved 1 cup crumbs and almonds; sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes or until set in center and edges are deep golden brown; cool 25 minutes.
- In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store in refrigerator.