Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this to go with my squash and parmesan sauce last night. It turned out wonderful! I only use boneless skinless chicken so I don't have to mess with it, but any chicken will do!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add minced garlic and onion and sautee.
- Slice the chicken into strips, about 1/2 inch across.
- Once the onion is soft, add the pepper and basil. Squeeze the lemon juice from the end pieces of the lemon (the ones that don't make nice slices you can garnish with) into the onion mixture, then add the chicken strips.
- Allow chicken to brown and then flip them over. Add the lemon slices on top while the other side cooks.
- Cook until chicken is brown on all sides and there is no pink left inside.
This was a much simpler recipe than I thought it would be! I also find it full of flavour, as well. I just made it as is, let it cool, and then put it on top of couscous.
Reviewed for ZWT 7. Good simple recipe. Thanks.
This was quick and tasty. I think a little salt was needed, and added a can of mushrooms, which happened to be out on the counter. Lemon always adda crisp and sharp flavor to almost anything. I will keep it on hand for other fast and easy meals, but not high and my list.