Grilled Lemon Basil Chicken
A nice marinade made with things you have on hand.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, lemon peel, garlic, pepper and basil.
- Put chicken in a shallow glass dish and cover with the preceding marinade.
- Marinate 30 to 45 minutes or overnight.
- Grill or broil chicken until lightly browned.
- Garnish with extra lemon slices and fresh basil leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is the very best marinade I have ever made. I gave up on bbq chicken, it is always dry and not too tasty, unless you smother it in sauce. Not so with this marinade, tender and so much flavor. Did add 1/2 tsp. chipotle,1 tsp. sea salt, 2 fresh rosemary sticks with the fresh basil. I used 2 bone in breasts,just put them frozen in bag with, ingredients,by dinner they were prefect. Browned on high grill with pam, than indirect heat about 30 min. Tender and delish. Thank you so much Audrey.