Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this great recipe many years ago in a recipe book so old the pages had yellowed. If you like to barbecue chicken, you'll really like this one. The secret is crushing the garlic rather than mincing. Somehow the flavor of the lemon, garlic and outdoor cooking will just make your mouth water! We all love it at my house.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or more depending on your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a glass baking dish.
- Trim chicken of any fat.
- Place chicken in marinade and let sit at least 1 hour, or more.
- Grill 12-14 minutes or until done.
We had company for the long weekend and we grilled out. This chicken was so moist and tender. I doubled the recipe and marinated the chicken for about 5 hrs. I used bone in legs and thighs. I used the indirect heat method of cooking these using high heat on the opposite side of the grill for the whole cooking time, about 35 minutes to get them nice and crisp. Everyone munched out on their dinner and commented that the chicken was great, so I am passing on the 5 star rating to you! Thanks for sharing!