Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
An updated, scaled up variation of my Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Lemon - Thyme Butter recipe, using vibrant, steam-blanched carrot coins in place of mushrooms and a touch of rosemary with the thyme.
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, sliced on an angle into coins
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced on an angle into 1-inch pieces
- zest of one lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a steamer, cook carrots until very al dente - about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a deep saute pan until butter melts and is bubbling slightly.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add thyme, rosemary and asparagus and cook 1 - 2 minutes, until asparagus is bright green.
- Add carrots, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the pan and toss lightly to mix.
- Saute 4 minutes longer, then remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.