1/1 Photo of Lemon and Herb Scented Spring Vegetables
An updated, scaled up variation of my Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Lemon - Thyme Butter recipe, using vibrant, steam-blanched carrot coins in place of mushrooms and a touch of rosemary with the thyme.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb carrot, sliced on an angle into coins
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced on an angle into 1-inch pieces
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1In a steamer, cook carrots until very al dente - about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil and butter together in a deep saute pan until butter melts and is bubbling slightly.
- 3Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Add thyme, rosemary and asparagus and cook 1 - 2 minutes, until asparagus is bright green.
- 5Add carrots, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the pan and toss lightly to mix.
- 6Saute 4 minutes longer, then remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Herb Scented Spring Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 277.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g