Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I served this on white cupcakes for a baby shower in the spring. It was a refreshing change from heavy buttercream cake frosting. I will usually double this recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature then beat on high in a mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar slowly until it is dissolved in the cream cheese.
- Add the lemon zest and juice. Mix well and frost cupcakes.
- Keep frosted cake/cupcakes in the refrigerator.
This is delicious frosting that went very well with the pumpkin spice muffins I made. I used a fat free cream cheese, which is a softer spread, so mine did not come out very thick, but it still worked just fine. I like that this recipe didn't also call for butter. Thank you!