Recipe by Erindipity
I adapted this recipe from Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp or they will be rubbery. The estimate for the amount of liquid will vary depending on the several factors, but you should be safe with at least 6 cups of pre-heated liquid, you can expect your rice to be done once you have added 4-6 cups. Start checking for texture after the 4th cup is added.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock, heated
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, zested
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and onions in olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add rice and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook 1 minute.
- Add the warm stock about 1 cup at a time.
- Cook uncovered and stirring frequently until all stock is absorbed.
- Add remaining stock 1 cup at a time repeating this procedure about 1 cup of liquid remains to be added.
- Add shrimp, lemon zest, artichoke hearts and rosemary with the final addition of liquid.
- Cook for a total of approximately 20 minutes or until the rice is al dente and the risotto is starcy. The shrimp will be cooked when they turn pink.
- Add the cheese and juice of one lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper.