Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy and sweet. Some call it white fudge. This is the best divinity you can find. Everyone who has had it wanted more and the recipe to go along with it.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and hot water.
- Cook and stir till sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boil.
- Cook, without stirring until hard boil stage (250 degrees) is reached.
- Immediately beat 2 egg whites with salt until stiff and it loses its shine.
- Pour a constant stream of hot syrup very slowly over beaten egg whites.
- Beat on high for about 5 minutes or when soft peaks form, loses it's gloss and holds its shape.
- Mix in 1/2 c pecans or walnuts, if desired.
- Spread in a lightly grease 9x13 glass pan.
- Let cool before cutting.
It seems not so many folk are familiar with divinity these days, from the reactions received at the parties we took these to. Every one loved it, but few knew what divinity is. Big change from my childhood, when it was a required treat for the holidays. Anyway, it turned out delicious, and it's easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.
YEAH! This is the best recipe! I tried 3 times with other recipes with no success and tried this one and it worked AND it tastes soooooo yummy! Thanks for sharing :)
I had never made divinity before, this recipe was SO easy and it turned out great the first time!! Thank you thank you