Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This comes from a wine company. I haven't made it, but am keen to.
Make and share this Leg of Lamb With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C Cream the butter, anchovies, rosemary and garlic and smear all over the surface of the meat.
- Lay bacon on a board, overlapping to form a rectangle.
- Roll bacon around Lamb and tie at regular intervals.
- Place the Lamb in a roasting tin and pour the wine around evenly.
- Tuck in remaining sprigs of rosemary and pour over the lemon juice.
- Put in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 180C and roast the Lamb for a further hour, or more if you like your meat well-done.
- Baste from time to time with the wine juices.
- Take the meat out of the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, taste the juices and add pepper (and salt if necessary).
- During the roasting process the wine should have reduced and mingled with the meat juices and anchovy butter to make a delicious gravy.
- If you find it too thin, reduce to the desired consistency.