Easy ... A few fresh ingredients, some canned (Pillsbury type) crescent rolls, spreadable cream cheese and leftover cranberry sauce. This is a great little sandwich. Serve with some butternut, sweet potato, or even a potato soup for a great quick easy week night dinner. This is a great way to use up, the cranberry sauce, turkey and makes a nice light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole cranberry sauce
- 1 pear, peeled and diced fine
- 1 small shallot, diced fine
- 1/4 cup apple cider (you could use apple juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 cups fine diced turkey
- 2 scallions, fine chopped (whites and greens)
- 1 shallot, diced fine
- 1 (4 ounce) container spreadable herb cheese spread
- 1/4 cup pecans, fine chopped (one of those small pre-chopped bags)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Sauce -- Mix everything; cranberry, pear, shallot, seasoning and cider in a small sauce pan and just simmer on low. Will take around 20 minutes for the pear to soften. Just stir now and then, nothing more. Just let it hang out on low heat. This is your dip.
- 2Turkey -- In a small saute pan, add the butter and bring to medium high heat. Add the shallot and cook 1 minute, then add the scallions, nuts and turkey and cook another 2 minutes until heated through. Remove and let cool slightly before you fill your turnovers.
- 3Turnovers -- You can use a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray, but I prefer to use parchment paper for no clean up. Heat the oven to 375.
- 4Crescent Rolls -- Roll out both cans of crescent rolls on the parchment paper or on the baking sheet. I like to use my rolling pin and roll, just until the seams are pressed together and it resembles one large sheet. You will have two flat sheets. Cut each sheet with a pizza cutter or a knife; the top left corner to the bottom right corner corner and vice versa to make 4 large triangles per sheet. Two (2) cans will give you 8 triangles.
- 5Filling -- Spread the Boursin or herbed cheese on each triangle in the center and then place a couple of tablespoons of the turkey mix on top of that and bring the corners up to the center and press together. I just crimp together in the middle and sort of make like a small package. No exact method.
- 6Brush with the beaten egg and cook 15-18 minutes on the baking sheet until golden brown.
- 7Serve -- Once golden brown, just serve with the warm cranberry sauce for dipping and a nice bowl of soup for an easy midweek dinner. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Turkey Turnovers With a Cranberry Dip
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 570.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: