Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is very easy...(took me 10 mins to throw together) And very tasty. You can use any left over meat. Chicken, pork, beef or turkey.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (120 g) box prepared stuffing
- 1 cup left over cooked turkey
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soup and milk.
- Mix in veggies and turkey. Pour into greased 9 inches pan.
- Prepare stuffing according to directions on box, and spoon over turkey mixture.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes.
Total comfort food casserole. I did use 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken soup in place of the cream of mushroom and 2% milk. I also used leftover stuffing from Thanksgiving for the topping and liberally sprinkled ground black pepper over the filling prior to putting the stuffing on top. Loved that it was full of vegies. Will make this one again!
This was an easy all in one meal. I thought the flavors were good, but it was a lot soupier than I would have liked. I think I would double the total of meat/veggies next time.
Thanks to you and others who posted recipes for leftover turkey. While I did not follow the recipe exactly, I did come up with a delicious casserole. I combined my leftovers of potatoes, carrots, German Strudel and diced turkey along with a fried onion and a few frozen peas to add some color. I added some grated cheddar cheese and topped with a can of mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 cup turkey stock. So easy. So good.