Recipe by little_wing
The cornbread gives this a Southern flair. You can use this base to make a variety of patties. = Salmon is my favorite, but I've made them with pretty much whatever I had on hand. Great for leftover salmon or even chicken. If you don't have leftover cornbread and don't want to make it, you can use breadcrumbs, or crushed crackers. You can also omit the potatoes if you don't have any.
Top Review by Lorenia
Great recipe! I had a lot of Salmon left from yesterday and I tried your recipe today, everyone loved it. I did not have dill and used dried parsley flakes. It is really good with a side of frsh lettuce and tomato. Kids love it too. I do not even like Salmon but this recipe made me have seconds.
- 1 1⁄2 cups salmon
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cornbread, crumbled (more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend potatoes, mayo, horseradish sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice together.
- Add salmon, dill, egg and bell pepper. Mix gently but well.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, adding more if needed to hold mixture together.
- Shape into patties.
- Fry each side 4-5 minutes or until browned.
- great on a bun or own it's own with a salad.